[wix-devs] IPull Request for wixtoolset/Issues/5371

Bob Arnson bob at firegiant.com
Sun Jul 11 14:14:42 PDT 2021

https://github.com/wixtoolset/wix4/pull/25 is closed. Are you opening a new one?

-----Original Message-----
From: wix-devs <wix-devs-bounces at lists.wixtoolset.org> On Behalf Of Ron Martin via wix-devs
Sent: Saturday, 10 July, 2021 20:31
To: wix-devs <wix-devs at lists.wixtoolset.org>
Cc: Ron Martin <cpuwzd at comcast.net>
Subject: [wix-devs] IPull Request for wixtoolset/Issues/5371

I've reconstructed and improved my lost C++ code for this issue. I'm no longer relying on a sentinel to detect empty user names. The attributes of the User element determine whether a user account should be created if it doesn't already exist and whether it should be updated if it does exist. This makes it possible to add, change, or remove a user comment. It also makes it possible to change a user password.

I did not try to finalize this issue. I wanted to allow others to verify the functionality manually before deciding whether to skip the test by default. I think enabling the test in the event of new related issues might be wiser than potentially creating security holes and unwanted desktop icons on developers machines.

Ron