[wix-devs] IPull Request for wixtoolset/Issues/5371

Ron Martin cpuwzd at comcast.net
Sat Jul 10 17:30:31 PDT 2021

I've reconstructed and improved my lost C++ code for this issue. I'm no
longer relying on a sentinel to detect empty
user names. The attributes of the User element determine whether a user
account should be created if it doesn't
already exist and whether it should be updated if it does exist. This
makes it possible to add, change, or remove a
user comment. It also makes it possible to change a user password.

I did not try to finalize this issue. I wanted to allow others to verify
the functionality manually before deciding whether
to skip the test by default. I think enabling the test in the event of
new related issues might be wiser than potentially
creating security holes and unwanted desktop icons on developers machines.

Ron