[wix-devs] Burn stub size and PlanDump

Bob Arnson bob at firegiant.com
Sun Jan 17 19:16:46 PST 2021

1. There should probably be a command-line switch as well, not just for PlanDump but because the MSI logging policy is an extremely undiscoverable way to control Burn behavior...
2. The size increases make me :sad face:. At the same time, 5K is undoubtedly worth it. One of the advantages of ETW is that the strings are external. We could do something similar and have a tool that decodes the dump. But that's a pain and probably not worth it.