[wix-devs] Burn unit tests

Hoover, Jacob Jacob.Hoover at greenheck.com
Thu Apr 29 09:13:59 PDT 2021

Was just trying to verify if it was something I did.  Changing the NULL's to L"" in 3 spots fixed my issue.

https://github.com/wixtoolset/burn/compare/master...jchoover:issue-3704?expand=1

I'm not done as I have cleanup and discussion to be had, but I was able to round trip via the registry persistence.

Specifically around https://github.com/wixtoolset/burn/compare/master...jchoover:issue-3704?expand=1#diff-8f2983bd6efe1ab3e72c589977bc1bd179dddb1562441a39890dee5cc89c7e8d

The new implementation uses the existing blob stream and persists it to/from the registry.  For per machine bundles this makes sense, since the unelevated engine is piping variables across to be persisted.  Still not sure if I like it, and slightly uncertain about the BURN_VARIANT_TYPE_NONE Handling.