[wix-devs] Monorepo with integrated segments - api/burn

Rob Mensching rob at firegiant.com
Thu Apr 29 08:59:49 PDT 2021

> This was the whole point of moving to the message based API.

I thought so but then it looked like the interfaces/base classes were the primary way used to communicate with Burn. This is one of the areas I expect needs more refinement.

> Putting the message API headers with balutil/bextutil is not helping at all with revving infrequently, but it is a major productivity hit when working on Burn.

I still plan to add the ability to direct reference pieces to fix any developer productivity hits. I had it kinda'/sorta' working in micro-repos but it will be easier in the mono-repo with fixed locations for everything. So we should be able to get APIs revving at a slower pace than the engine as appropriate (namely, there can be pure bug fixes in the engine without revving the API).