[wix-devs] Monorepo with integrated segments - api/burn

Rob Mensching rob at firegiant.com
Wed Apr 28 11:56:06 PDT 2021

> But there's a key difference - the base implementations in Extensibility are intended to be minimal so they shouldn't change while the base implementations in api/burn are not minimal and may receive feature enhancements in the future.

This is 100% correct.

> This seems to conflict with the goal of API packages revving infrequently.

Also, correct. The only mitigation I have right now is that 1. the interfaces can't change much and 2. (hopefully) balutil/bextutil code won't change much after release. #2 is purely a guess based on how much change there was in WiX v3.

I do expect we will learn a few more things once this integration is complete and will adjust post-preview.0. The key factor is I believe this overall structure will allow us to meet all of our goals (where the current micro-repos were not).