[wix-devs] 3816 - Add variable and absolute path functionality to Bundle/Log element

Sean Hall r.sean.hall at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 15:51:19 PDT 2020

I would be surprised if anyone is actually depending on the fact that it's
not getting formatted so I'm not trying to avoid making a breaking change
here. I think we should always format the Prefix, and then if it's an
absolute path then do the right thing to get the log in that absolute path.
If they want to use literal []'s then they need to escape them. Since
Prefix can only be set in authoring, it's the author's choice whether to
include a secure Variable in there.