[wix-devs] Dtf repository MakeSfxCA and SfxCa tools

Sean Hall r.sean.hall at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 15:18:20 PDT 2020

Some people probably use those tools directly. Should they be packaged into
an MSI like thmviewer? Does that mean they should also live in the Tools
repo instead of Dtf? Or does "wix.ca.targets" need to move from the Tools
repo into the Dtf repo?

Dtf isn't even building those tools today, thmviewer is probably a good
example of how the projects needs to be converted. Original v4 project is
here -
https://github.com/wixtoolset/wix4/blob/develop/src/tools/thmviewer/thmviewer.vcxproj.
Micro repo project is here -
https://github.com/wixtoolset/Tools/blob/master/src/thmviewer/thmviewer.vcxproj.
You'll also need the Cpp.Build.props that's magically brought in -
https://github.com/wixtoolset/Tools/blob/master/src/Cpp.Build.props.