[wix-devs] Linux changes

Sean Hall r.sean.hall at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 16:32:28 PDT 2020

> I'd be interested to understand where that doesn't work.

The people writing the Linux code will not want to develop WiX on Windows.

> I think that says we'll only support a recent version of VS2019 to build
the WiX Toolset.

My question wasn't really about where we're setting our baseline, but what
happens when a new VS version comes out (VS 2021?). For example, are we
going to support VS2017+ libs even if VS vNext doesn't support building
them?