[wix-devs] 5222 - Burn's related/dependent bundle actions should be opt-in

Bob Arnson bob at firegiant.com
Sun Dec 13 15:57:57 PST 2020

Normally I'm the one suggesting stuff like that...

We need the concept for upgrades so most of the functionality has to exist. Detect-only related bundles are trivial. That leaves add-on bundles and patch bundles. The implementation is mostly just a few detection and state comparisons; it's not complex. There's definitely some vestigial code in there, e.g., supporting old-old bundle registration. We could clean it up if we were willing to break compatibility with v3.x related bundles or keep it as v3.x>7.