[wix-devs] Core table and tuple definitions
bob at firegiant.com
Sat Apr 11 16:27:01 PDT 2020
1. I suppose it should be possible to not have an associated tuple -- maybe a 1:n tuple:table relationship? But I definitely wouldn't optimize for it and if it makes it awkward, feel free to require it.
2. Yeah, I'd assume it was incomplete translation.
3. (see #2)
From: wix-devs <wix-devs-bounces at lists.wixtoolset.org> On Behalf Of Sean Hall via wix-devs
Sent: Friday, 10 April, 2020 22:18
To: WiX Toolset Developer Mailing List <wix-devs at lists.wixtoolset.org>
Cc: Sean Hall <r.sean.hall at gmail.com>
Subject: [wix-devs] Core table and tuple definitions
I'm working on moving the table definitions out of Core's tables.xml and into Data with static definitions like I did for the extensions. I have a few questions:
1. Now that the tuple and table definitions will be defined in code, should the TableDefinition take the TupleDefinition instead of just the string for the name? If not, should there be a way to specify that a TableDefinition doesn't have a corresponding TupleDefinition?
2. There's a lot of inconsistency in the tuples around when to expose a nullable column as nullable. For instance, the IconIndex field for ClassTuple and the RunAsInteractiveUser field for AppIdTuple are nullable but the Ordering field for ContolEventTuple is not. Were some fields not exposed as nullable on purpose or are these just bugs?
3. Most of the tuples in Data are casting instead of using the AsBool, AsNumber, etc. extension methods. Should I make them using those instead of casting?
WiX Toolset Developer Mailing List provided by FireGiant http://www.firegiant.com/
More information about the wix-devs