[wix-devs] Wix patches and 3.14
rob at firegiant.com
Wed Jan 16 20:39:28 PST 2019
1. What is the exact issue?
2. For an exact time frame, ask again in about 3 or so months. In the meantime, you can, of course, use any WiX v3.x build you want... including your own private build.
PS If you want guarantees, you should check out the Enterprise Support Program provided by FireGiant. I know the team there, they are very responsive to customer issues.
From: Steven Ogilvie <stogilvie at GENETEC.COM>
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 11:40 AM
To: wix-devs at lists.wixtoolset.org
Cc: Rob Mensching <rob at firegiant.com>
Subject: Wix patches and 3.14
We are currently using WiX 3.11.1 for a few WiX installers (we use InstallShield for most projects).
For a few of the WiX installers, luckily we do not need to do patches because we are BLOCKED...
Our build process is run in an Elevated process, which craps out with Melt.exe and Torch.exe.
1. Are there any current work arounds for this?
* I have tried using "runas /trustlevel:0x20000" and "PSExec.exe" with no joy...
* Also tried using PowerShell scripts as well...
2. When is 3.14 going to be released which supposedly has a fix for this issue, an exact time frame please... since we cannot continue to use WiX for new projects if we can't create patches...
Builds and Release
Genetec Inc. * Intelligence * Operations * Security
Video Surveillance | Access Control | License Plate Recognition
P: +1-514-332-4000 x9149 * M: +1-613 299-2121 * stogilvie at genetec.com<mailto:stogilvie at genetec.com>
2280, Alfred-Nobel Blvd, Montreal, QC, H4S 2A4, Canada
Confidentiality Message * This e-mail message is confidential, may be privileged and is intended for the exclusive use of the
addressee. Any other person is strictly prohibited from disclosing, distributing or reproducing it. If the addressee cannot be
reached or is unknown to you, please inform the sender by return e-mail immediately and delete this e-mail message and
destroy all copies.
More information about the wix-devs