[wix-devs] wixca in micro repos

Rob Mensching rob at firegiant.com
Thu Dec 13 10:15:33 PST 2018

A lot of the custom action code is very old and built on a design that put everything into one single DLL. Not because of sharing but because there was a thought that a single DLL was better than many... due to CRT overhead.

That's not really valid now (might not have been valid then) so separating the DLLs has value. Unfortunately, there is a good chance Util will still be a bit of a dumping ground.