[wix-devs] RFC: Votive Support for VS2019

Christopher Painter chrpai at iswix.com
Sun Dec 16 12:21:20 PST 2018

https://github.com/wixtoolset/issues/issues/5915

With VS 2019 Preview dropping the other day, I've looked into what it'll take to get Votive working in VS 2019.   The approach is simple:  Clone the VS2017 project and rebrand it as VS2019 and update the [15.0-16.0) range to [16.0-17.0) ( min 16  inclusive,  max 17 not inclusive).

I set up an official-unofficial build and was able to confirm successful installation and operation of votive on a clean vm with a fresh installation of VS 2019 preview.

Any feedback?  I'm ready to submit the PR.