[wix-devs] New toolset repositories
rob at firegiant.com
Mon Sep 4 01:32:04 PDT 2017
There is still a lot missing and everything else is under construction. You'll want to communicate what part you'd like to work on so we can coordinate and point out what's expected and not expected so you don't spin your wheels too much.
1. The Core repository should have been cloned but it is empty right now save for a README.md.
2. You should get a nuget.config in the "root folder" (next to the WixToolset.sln). More work needs to be done to make sure it is updated if Home\nuget.config is updated.
3. Only .csproj are added today. Unfortunately, dotnet doesn't support .vcxproj which was surprising but shouldn't have been. Will need a different solution for adding .vcxproj.
Hopefully, that aligns with your current experience.
From: wix-devs [mailto:wix-devs-bounces at lists.wixtoolset.org] On Behalf Of Fyodor Koryazhkin via wix-devs
Sent: Monday, September 4, 2017 12:34 AM
To: WiX Toolset Developer Mailing List <wix-devs at lists.wixtoolset.org>
Cc: Fyodor Koryazhkin <fyodorkor at gmail.com>
Subject: [wix-devs] New toolset repositories
Can I start working with new structure ?
I tried to enlist core and add wcautil to enlist.cmd. Unfortunately nothing worked for me on Windows 7 and VS 2017:
1. Repository Core was not cloned.
2. nuget.config was not updated
3. Solution file was created but not updated with projects.
However repository wcautil was cloned completely.
WiX Toolset Developer Mailing List provided by FireGiant http://www.firegiant.com/
More information about the wix-devs