[wix-devs] FirewallException to winmgmt (WMI In)

Ofir Cohen ofircohenn at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 16:37:09 PST 2016

Created: 2008-06-05

This isn't encouraging :-)

If I were to be pragmatic/realistic about this feature request, what
would you recommend:
1) I implement this (with the help of some WiX devs)

2) I implement custom actions in my installer to:
   i. enable this on install/modify (if needed)
      system("netsh advfirewall firewall set rule name="Windows
Management Instrumentation (WMI-In)" new enable=yes");

   ii. on uninstall restore the state of this rule?

?

Thanks!

- Ofir