[wix-devs] FirewallException to winmgmt (WMI In)

Rob Mensching rob at firegiant.com
Wed Dec 21 16:18:28 PST 2016

https://github.com/wixtoolset/issues/issues/1621

From: wix-devs [mailto:wix-devs-bounces at lists.wixtoolset.org] On Behalf Of Ofir Cohen
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2016 3:43 PM
To: wix-devs at lists.wixtoolset.org
Subject: [wix-devs] FirewallException to winmgmt (WMI In)

Hi,
This is probably something Rob can comment on.

I've been using FirewallException [1] to add firewall exception rules to my application.

Now it feels like this element is somewhat limited in the sense that I *cannot* add a firewall exception for WMI, namely to:
Name: Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI-In)

bound to service winmgmt (Windows Management Instrumentation)

A little googling shows a feature request [2] to allow firewall exceptions for builtin service, but I don't know what's the status of it and whether or not it was ever implemented / merged to the codebase.

Any idea what's the status on this request, or how can I add firewall exception to winmgmt?

Thanks,
Ofir

[1] http://wixtoolset.org/documentation/manual/v3/xsd/firewall/firewallexception.html
[2] https://sourceforge.net/p/wix/feature-requests/394/