[wix-devs] Got a Non-Fatal Debug Assert Message While Installing One of My Products
JoCooper at jackhenry.com
Wed Sep 23 12:06:36 PDT 2015
1) The Action Text suggests sometime around the running of ExecXmlFile (pretty late in the upgrade)
2) Message in "Debug Assert Message" Dialog is:
Assertion failed in wcawow64.cpp, 115
You must call WcaRevertWow64FSRedirection() before calling
Abort=Debug, Retry=Skip, Ignore=Skip all
3) Selecting "Retry" caused the install to continue and succeed.
4) Product only supports x64. All its paths are in the ProgramFiles64Folder tree. There are two config files modified and both are in that tree.
5) Installer mode was upgrade. It uses a WiX standard bootstrapper. Scheduling of the upgrade is afterInstallInitialize
6) WiX 3.10 RTM
7) OS: Windows Server 2012 with no service packs.
8) Major Application: Also has SQL Server 2012 installed.
John Merryweather Cooper
Senior Software Engineer | Integration Development Group | Enterprise Notification Service
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc.(r) | Lenexa, KS 66214 | Ext: 431050 |JoCooper at jackhenry.com<mailto:JoCooper at jackhenry.com>
NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any files transmitted with it are intended
exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. The message,
together with any attachment, may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
Any unauthorized review, use, printing, saving, copying, disclosure or distribution
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please
immediately advise the sender by reply email and delete all copies.
More information about the wix-devs