[wix-devs] WIXBUG4932 sent Pull Request to wix3, difficulty trying to do same for wix4

Phill Hogland phill.hogland at rimage.com
Sun Oct 25 13:24:18 PDT 2015

Yesterday I revived my wix3 dev sandbox, made the changes for WIXBUG 4932, committed and sent a PR.  It all went so smooth that today I decided to try my hand at wix4.  I created a wix4 fork, and then used Github desktop to create a local clone and then a branch for implementing the same changes as in 4932.  The initial build of wix4 went fine (except that at the end of the build while creating the Summary Detail MSBuild through an exception indicating that multiple compares do not get the same result).  I save the text of the error message, but since I have not seen it again after several builds, I am ignoring it.

So I made the changes for 4932, in the wix4 source, and checked them over, and then tried to commit them and then submit a pull request.  The PR dialog says that there is nothing to commit so it won't enable sending the PR, admittedly I only noticed this after several confused tries, so maybe something was sent.   Github desktop shows 11 changes.   I am not sure if I caused a problem by using similar names or where the issue is.

Any advice is appreciated!
Phill