[wix-devs] update: Github - preparing to work on 4932

Phill Hogland phill.hogland at rimage.com
Fri Oct 23 15:03:25 PDT 2015

In Github Desktop in the branch pulldown I switched from 4592_RmuAddProcessesByName to 'develop' and told it to 'Update', and watching the folder tree in Explorer it added a bunch of files that did not exist in 3.9 (which last updated).  I then successfully built a debug build (with warnings in the log related to version conflicts - which mostly seemed to relate to votive).  My batch file that launches the build calls the v 12.0 version of MSBuild and some of the version conflicts seem to expect the v 4.0 version of MSBuild.  (So let me know if I am doing it wrong.)  The resulting binaries are versioned 3.10.  etc, so it looks like I do have a development environment to play with.

I get the impression from my notes that I should use Github Desktop to create a new branch off of 'develop', but my notes also talk about creating a Fork and I am not sure which to do, and if I should do something to the old 4592 branch.

Thanks!