[wix-users] Installer does open WixUI_Minimal dialog when installer runs

Rob Mensching rob at firegiant.com
Sat Sep 9 18:40:28 PDT 2023

From: wix-users <wix-users-bounces at lists.wixtoolset.org> On Behalf Of Peter Manley via wix-users
Sent: Saturday, September 9, 2023 4:14 PM
To: wix-users at lists.wixtoolset.org
Cc: Peter Manley <peter.manley at madstrong.com>
Subject: [wix-users] Installer does open WixUI_Minimal dialog when installer runs

Hello,

I'm working on creating my first installer using VS2019 and Wix v4. I'm trying to install four files and pop open the WixUI_Minimal dialog. I've added the Wix Toolset.UI.wixext as a dependency/extension. And I've included the following XML code in my Package.wxs file:

               <WixVariable Id="WixUILicenseRtf" Value="..\docs\EULA.rtf" />
               <ui:WixUI Id="WixUI_Minimal"/>

However, when I run the installer, no WixUI_Minimal shows up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Peter H. Manley, Ph.D.
President, MadStrong.com