[wix-users] Wix4: Perform validations in Bundle.wxs

Bhuvan R bhuvanbondel at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 03:09:36 PDT 2023

Hi All,

I am using bal:WixStandardBootstrapperApplication for user inputs with
customized theme.xml. I need to perform input validation for the user
inputs entered in Options screen. After lot of research I'm not able to
find any solution. Basically, Can we perform Custom actions in Bundle.wxs
similar to msi? If so how?

I tried if BAFunctions.dll can be used but there isn't any useful
documentation on how to use them. Alternate solution is to use an msi
package to perform as a pre-check steps to perform custom actions. I am
looking for a better solution.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Bhuvan