[wix-users] MakeSfxCA.exe in Wix4?

Jose Ramirez jose.m.ramirez at oracle.com
Tue Aug 15 21:28:28 PDT 2023

This documentation page for Wix 4 states that I need to use MakeSfxCA.exe to package my managed custom actions but the exe is nowhere to be found in Wix 4. Does anybody know where I can find it? In Wix 3 it could typically be found at: C:\Program Files (x86)\WiX Toolset v3.11\SDK.

The same page also mentions a sample CA project but it doesn't provide any place to download it: "A sample CA project with two CAs is included in the Samples\ManagedCA directory". Any idea where I can find this sample project?

Doc: https://wixtoolset.org/docs/tools/dtf/#sample-c-custom-action

Thanks!