[wix-users] Msi-package information not routed to bootstrapper

Heiner Violet H.Violet at medidok.de
Tue Aug 8 01:55:46 PDT 2023

Hello together,

here is our situation:
our managed bootstrapper (WiX 3.11) executes an msi-package.
MsiExecuteEvents are "catched" and logged in BootstrapperApplication.ExecuteMsiMessage.
Now, for any reason, the Msi-package is running in error 1704 "An install for [2] is currently suspended. You must undo the changes made by that install to continue."
But: Bootstrapper is not getting "informed" about this - no ExecuteMsiMessage is containing any information about this error 1704.

We would like to show to the user, that there is a suspended installation, which has o be undone.

We observed, that the received ExecuteMsiMessages are mainly about Custom-actions. There exists no MsiMessage of type "User".

We would like to know, is there a possibility to get "more" ExecuteMsiMessages or to "switch on" the user-messages?

Thanks for any help.
Best Regards, Heiner.