[wix-users] Experience of build with WiX 4 Toolset

Sean Hall r.sean.hall at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 07:22:58 PDT 2022

I don't think it's throwing more exceptions than v3. Do you have any
examples?

Managed code BA's have a DLL provided by WiX that starts up the .NET
runtime (dnchost.dll for .NET Core BA's). After starting the runtime, it
calls into an entry point in the managed code. That entry point is the code
that is generated by WixToolset.Dnc.HostGenerator. It is generated code
instead of using reflection so that it can be possible to use trimming.
What's the problem with using that package?

On Wed, Oct 19, 2022 at 1:48 AM Timofey Evsyutkin via wix-users <