[wix-users] Setting MSI properties from a bundle
rob at firegiant.com
Tue Mar 22 09:40:34 PDT 2022
1. PUBLIC Properties only. It's a security thing.
2. You already get verbose logging. What do you want to change?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I provide short answers on wix-users. Full commercial support is offered by FireGiant at http://www.firegiant.com/services
From: wix-users <wix-users-bounces at lists.wixtoolset.org> On Behalf Of Davidsen, Zac (Zachary) T via wix-users
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2022 7:41 AM
To: WiX Toolset Users Mailing List <wix-users at lists.wixtoolset.org>
Cc: Davidsen, Zac (Zachary) T <ZTDAVIDSEN at beckman.com>
Subject: [wix-users] Setting MSI properties from a bundle
I suspect I already know the answers to these questions, but I'd love to be proved wrong :) (or just have a definitive answer in general)
1. In a bundle, can the MsiProperty element set any property, or can it only set public properties?
And somewhat related:
2. Is there a way to set the logging level of an msi from inside a bundle? My first thought was to set the MsiLogging property, but I assume that won't work because MsiLogging isn't public.
Please be advised that this email may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us by email by replying to the sender and delete this message. The sender disclaims that the content of this email constitutes an offer to enter into, or the acceptance of, any agreement; provided that the foregoing does not invalidate the binding effect of any digital or other electronic reproduction of a manual signature that is included in any attachment.
WiX Toolset Users Mailing List provided by FireGiant http://www.firegiant.com/
More information about the wix-users