[wix-users] Wix Bootstrapper and Net Core Version Detection

Lewis, Adrian Adrian.Lewis at mksinst.com
Wed Mar 30 06:01:37 PDT 2022

Hi,
What is the current state of Net Core Version detection in a bundle? If have followed a number of threads and my understanding is that there is a proposal/implementation for this to be part of V4

What are the current V3 options
My particular use case (must be very common) is that I have a bundle that installs pre-requisites for our product, one of which is the dotnet core runtime.
The only reliable method that I see is to run the dotnet --list-runtimes cmd and parse the response
I could run this from my custom Bootstrapper and set variables to used in the bundle for detection but just wondered what other options there are atm for V3

Thanks for any help
Adrian Lewis

This message and any attachments are intended only for the designated recipient(s) and may contain confidential or proprietary information and be subject to the attorney-client privilege or other confidentiality protections.  If you are not a designated recipient, you may not review, use, copy or distribute this message or any attachments.  If you received this email in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and permanently delete the original and any copies of this message and any attachments thereto.  Thank you.