[wix-users] Question regarding ICE61

Kaveesh Dashora kaveeshd at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 04:20:52 PST 2022

Hi,

I have recently started working on a pre created installer which
raises the warning ICE61 -
warning LGHT1076: ICE61: This product should remove only older
versions of itself. No Maximum version was detected for the current
product. (FOUND).

This warning comes from the below block of code.

<!-- #region Upgrade Code - Warning - DO NOT CHANGE - changing this
will break the upgrade functionality -->
<Upgrade Id="<GUID DEFINED UNDER UPGRADE CODE IN PRODUCT TAG">
  <UpgradeVersion Minimum="1.1.0.0" OnlyDetect="no" Property="FOUND" />
</Upgrade>
<!-- #endregion -->

I have a feeling that this was done to disallow downgrades but the
installer also has the following line.

<MajorUpgrade DowngradeErrorMessage="A newer version of [ProductName]
is already installed." />

How can I remove this warning? Will it be fine if I remove the lines?
--
Kaveesh