[wix-users] EXT: Re: Running elevated functions from non-elevated UI

Vanniekerk, Tyrel (GE Healthcare) tyrel.vanniekerk at ge.com
Wed Feb 23 11:11:47 PST 2022

I am curious if any of the fixes/changes listed for this NuGet package have been implemented for the official WiX toolset code?  It seems like those are useful fixes and should probably end up in the main WiX code.

I am currently running v3.11.2 of WiX, released way back in 2019.  The current unreleased build is v3.14.0.5722.  I am curious if there is a summary of changes between those two versions and when we might see a new official release of version 3?  I have looked at version 4 and it seems promising, but I am guessing it might be years yet to see a full v4 release with build support, VS studio templates etc.