[wix-users] ExePackage removed on upgrade

Sean Hall r.sean.hall at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 09:11:56 PST 2022

I assume that you are wanting the bundle to do ref-counting on the
ExePackage. In other words when the newer bundle installs the exact same
ExePackage, the older bundle doesn't uninstall it as part of the upgrade.
You have to use the dep:Provides element to enable the ref-counting:
https://wixtoolset.org/documentation/manual/v3/xsd/dependency/provides.html.

On Fri, Feb 11, 2022 at 11:04 AM Hoover, Jacob via wix-users <