[wix-users] Issues with Moving from VS 2019 to VS 2022

Rob Mensching rob at firegiant.com
Wed Feb 2 10:02:53 PST 2022

Make sure you did this first: https://github.com/wixtoolset/issues/issues/5804#issuecomment-532663590

-----Original Message-----
From: wix-users <wix-users-bounces at lists.wixtoolset.org> On Behalf Of Brett Rader via wix-users
Sent: Wednesday, February 2, 2022 9:56 AM
To: wix-users at lists.wixtoolset.org
Cc: Brett Rader <brett at tradewatchauto.com>
Subject: [wix-users] Issues with Moving from VS 2019 to VS 2022

Hi,

This is my first post here, and I'm not sure how to search other threads, so if this has been answered, feel free to direct me there.

I have the latest version of Wix installed (3.11.2.4516).  I have been configuring and building a project with VS 2019 for some time with no issues.  I upgraded to VS 2022, and installed the VS 2022 Extension located here ( https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=WixToolset.WixToolsetVisualStudio2022Extension
).

When I try to build in VS, I get some error, but VS crashes.  So, I tried via command line and got the following message:

c:\Users\brett\source\repos\HVATrayApp\HVA-TrayApp-Setup\HVA-TrayApp-Setup.wixproj(124,5):
error : The WiX Toolset v3.11 (or newer) build tools must be installed to build this project. To download the WiX Toolset, see http://wixtoolset.org/releases/

Build FAILED.

c:\Users\brett\source\repos\HVATrayApp\HVA-TrayApp-Setup\HVA-TrayApp-Setup.wixproj(124,5):
error : The WiX Toolset v3.11 (or newer) build tools must be installed to build this project. To download the WiX Toolset, see http://wixtoolset.org/releases/
    0 Warning(s)
    1 Error(s)