[wix-users] Install does not deploy files

Coryat, Jim Jim.Coryat at softprocorp.com
Mon Feb 14 08:20:46 PST 2022

Have an odd problem. I'm relatively new to Wix and I have worked on other deployments successfully.  I created a new deployment and used working deployments as a model to be sure I emulated the style etc. currently in place.  Nothing out of the ordinary and this install is pure with with no external custom actions used.  Just deploying files and installing a vsix module.

The files for some reason are not being installed on the target.  The directories etc. are discovered and mapped correctly according to the log however when it goes to the InstallFiles action each component displays this message:

The file represented by File table key '<filekey>' has no eligible binary patches.

This install has not been installed already so the product and upgraded code do not exist on the target system.

What am I missing?
NOTICE: The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient of this communication, you are hereby notified to: (i) delete the message and all copies; (ii) do not disclose, distribute or use the message in any manner; and (iii) notify the sender immediately.