[wix-users] WiXLib Project Throwing Compile Error

Ven H venh.123 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 11:47:35 PST 2022

I have a WiXLib project in the Visual Studio solution provided by my
client. I have WiX 3.11 installed on my machine and have VS 2019
Professional also installed. However, when I try to build this project, I
get the following error.

*Method not found: 'Void
Microsoft.Tools.WindowsInstallerXml.CompilerCore.CreateCustomActionReference(Microsoft.Tools.WindowsInstallerXml.SourceLineNumberCollection,
System.String, Microsoft.Tools.WindowsInstallerXml.Platforms)*

It is throwing this error from *Candle.exe*.

Has anyone faced this? If so, please help

*Note*: They have used a custom Nuget package with WiX (3.14) binaries (not
sure if it is to avoid building this on a server without WiX
installation),  but I have commented the call to this custom target which
has this reference. However, the error still persists.