[wix-users] How can installer detect if it is running on Windows 11?

Gary Henry Gary.Henry at microfocus.com
Tue Aug 23 09:35:58 PDT 2022

I have a CustomAction that calls a DllEntry that checks the value of VersionNT to determine what version of Windows I am installing on. Here are the values I get from VersionNT for different versions of Windows:
601 - Windows 7
602 - Windows 8
603 - Windows 8.1
603 - Windows 10
603 - Windows 11

As you can see, Windows 10 and Windows 11 both return 603. Does anyone know how I can differentiate between Windows 10 and Windows 11 during installation?

The version of Windows 11 I am testing with is Windows 11 Pro, 21H2 (OS Build 22000.318).

Thanks!

Gary