[wix-users] Issue in migration from wix3.0 to wix4

raj pandit rajeev.pandit84 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 04:03:08 PDT 2022

Hi,
I am getting this error when migration from wix v3 to v4.

steps i followed:
1. Install wix v4 from  https://wixtoolset.org/releases/v4-0-0-5205/
2. created WixCopSetting.xml file in wix folder
   <?xml version="1.0"?>
<Settings>
  <IgnoreErrors>
    <Test Id="WhitespacePrecedingEndElementWrong"/>
  </IgnoreErrors>
</Settings>
3. executed this command :
      WixCop.exe -f sourceFile C:\Product.wxs -set1WixCopSetting.xml

Namespace in product.wxs files has been got updated.

Problem: When i am trying to build visual studio 2019, it gives
following error :
*The Wix element has an incorrect namespace of
'http://wixtoolset.org/schemas/v4/wxs
<http://wixtoolset.org/schemas/v4/wxs>'.  Please make the Wix element look
like the following: <Wix xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/2006/wi
<http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/2006/wi>">*

Please let me know if i am missing something to resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Rajeev Pandit