[wix-users] Rollback all msi incase of any msi fails

raj pandit rajeev.pandit84 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 05:10:42 PDT 2022

Hi,

I am using package application which consist of 2 msi. for example A and B.

In both msi, i have used below setting so that it can be rollbacked in case
of any faulty upgrades.

<MajorUpgrade *Schedule="afterInstallExecute"* DowngradeErrorMessage="A
newer version of [ProductName] is already installed." AllowDowngrades="no"
AllowSameVersionUpgrades="yes" />
<MediaTemplate EmbedCab="yes" />

<Upgrade Id="$(var.UpgradeCode)">
<UpgradeVersion Minimum="1.0.0" IncludeMinimum="yes" *OnlyDetect="yes"*
Maximum="$(var.ProductVersion)" IncludeMaximum="yes"
Property="PREVIOUSFOUND" />
</Upgrade>

In the package chain, it sequenced as A first and B second. So if A
upgraded successfully and B got error, its rollbacking B but A is in
upgraded already.
Making the package inconsistent.

Please let me know if we can setup the chain in such a way, that it
rollbacks both MSI to previous versions if B fails.

Thanks in advance.

Regard,
Rajeev