[wix-users] Get Upgrade Code of BootStrapper Exe from Registry

Venkatesh H venh.123 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 23:45:49 PDT 2022

For MSI, since the Product Code keeps changing on every upgrade, we are
relying on Upgrade Code and using WMI calls, getting the Product Code using
the Upgrade Code and then uninstalling the MSI. We referred to the
following articles.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/17936064/how-can-i-find-the-upgrade-code-for-an-installed-application-in-c/17936065#17936065

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46637094/how-can-i-find-the-upgrade-code-for-an-installed-msi-file/46637095#46637095

We are using PowerShell script to run the commands.

However, the above approach doesn't seem to be working for Bootstrapper
EXEs. How can I get the UpgradeCode for Bootstrapper so that I can
uninstall it using the command line? Please help. Please advise if there is
some other way.