[wix-users] WiX Toolset & MSI for Linux / Mac

Rob Mensching rob at firegiant.com
Wed Sep 15 12:00:51 PDT 2021

People have successfully used Wine to get WiX v3 building MSI packages on Linux. We also re-architected parts of WiX v4 to enable those interested parties to make it work better in the next version... but those interested parties have not filled in the gaps, so not clear if using WiX on non-Windows platforms will happen in v4.