[wix-users] WiX Toolset & MSI for Linux / Mac

Edwin Castro egcastr at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 09:05:11 PDT 2021

The WiX Toolset cannot be used to install software on non-Windows systems.

My current understanding is the WiX Toolset depends on .NET Framework v2.0
which does not support non-Windows hosts. Additionally, the WiX Toolset
depends on Win32 APIs via pInvoke to produce MSIs which are not generally
available on non-Windows systems. These requirements currently stop the WiX
Toolset to be used on non-Windows systems to create installers for Windows.

I'm sure someone will correct any mistakes I have made.

--
Edwin G. Castro

On Wed, Sep 15, 2021, 00:55 Ven H via wix-users <