[wix-users] WiX 3.14 and WIX_IS_NETFRAMEWORK_48_OR_LATER_INSTALLED

Carl Daniel cdaniel at larutech.com
Thu Nov 11 09:31:26 PST 2021

Please pardon the possibly redundant question: I'd like to update all of my installers to require .NET Framework 4.8.  I understand that the property WIX_IS_NETFRAMEWORK_48_OR_LATER_INSTALLED will tell me if that framework is installed, and that this property is available starting in WiX 3.14.  But 3.14 is unreleased, so I'm hesitant to take a dependency on it.  Can I expect an official 3.14 release some time soon?  Should I just wait for WiX 4.0? Should I just go ahead and use the unreleased 3.14.0.5722 from September 2021?

-cd