[wix-users] Passing command-line options to MsiPackage

Ивайло Гугалов ivaylogugalov at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 10:36:23 PDT 2021

Hello,

Is there a way to specify the InstallScope like <InstallScope="perUser"> on
a bundle? I just have this code:
<Bundle ...>
  <Chain>
      <MsiPackage ...>
        <MsiProperty Name="MSIINSTALLPERUSER" Value="1"/>
The msi inside the bundle has to be installed in the user context, that's
why I am using MSIINSTALLPERUSER=1.
But this requires the output .exe file to run with admin privileges, which
is not intended and the relationship between msi and the Bundle breaks.
Removing MSIINSTALLPERUSER=1, is working fine, but I don't want the
installed msi to require a restart or a log-off.

Regards,
Ivaylo

Regards,
Ivaylo