[wix-users] Error when removing msi

Imran baloch imran_ku07 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 31 02:42:56 PDT 2021

Dear,
I have the following,
  <InstallExecuteSequence>      <Custom Action="ExecInstallService" Before="InstallFinalize" />      <Custom Action="ExecAddHostEntry" After="ExecInstallService" >NOT Installed AND NOT REMOVE</Custom>      <Custom Action="ExecRemoveService" After="ExecInstallService" >(NOT UPGRADINGPRODUCTCODE) AND (REMOVE="ALL")</Custom>      <Custom Action="ExecDeleteFiles" After="ExecRemoveService" >(NOT UPGRADINGPRODUCTCODE) AND (REMOVE="ALL")</Custom>    </InstallExecuteSequence>

<CustomAction Id='ExecRemoveService' Directory="INSTALLDIR" Execute="deferred" ExeCommand='cmd.exe /k "My.exe -remove & exit"' Return="check" Impersonate="no"></CustomAction>

But when there is no folder and I am getting error when removing. Is there is way to ignore if no folder exist,

Product: My Service -- Error 1721. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action: ExecInstallService, location: C:\Location\, command: cmd.exe /k "My.exe -remove & My.exe -install & exit"