[wix-users] ICE03 - Invalid Language ID

Jacques Eloff repstosd at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 01:12:43 PDT 2021

Hi

I ran into an ICE03 issue around language IDs. It's complaining about a
file that's setting it's language to 31748 (zh-Hant). This is a satellite
assembly.

Also, according to the official LCID list:
https://winprotocoldoc.blob.core.windows.net/productionwindowsarchives/MS-LCID/%5bMS-LCID%5d.pdf

zh-Hant should be using 31748 (1028 was the old code used for CN-TW I
think). The ICE03 docs actually points to the page that points to the LCID
doc.

And I was using WiX 3.1.14 in case that matters.

Is there a way for Light to produce more information, e,.g. the authoring
date of the ICE? Is it possible the cub file is outdated?

Thanks
Jacques