[wix-users] Customizing the Standard WiX Bootstrapper UI

sonvertb19 sonvertb19 at protonmail.com
Mon Jun 28 23:40:56 PDT 2021

Hi all,
First time post. I would like to confirm the knowledge that I have got from my research about the WiX Burn Bootstrapper.

Our use case involved a single MSI which needs to be wrapped inside an EXE.
We do not want to use the Custom Bootstrapper just yet, so we are sticking to the WixStandardBootstrapperApplication.RtfLicense for now.

I have two questions,
1) Is modifying the theme files and specifying them to the BootstrapperApplicationRef using ThemeFile the only way to change the UI?
2) We can only add elements, like <Checkbox>, <Text>, etc to the theme file. There is no way to add a new dialogue (page like the Options, Install, Progress etc) to the WixStandardBootstrapperApplication.RtfLicense, Is that right?

If there is any other way to customize the standard bootstrapper application, please point to the right resource.

Thanks