[wix-users] Using user's home directory as working directory (a.k.a startup directory) for shortcuts

Clifford Yapp cliffyapp at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 07:44:26 PST 2021

I should provide a little more context:

When the attempt was made to do this for Powershell, they looked at using
the WorkingDirectory property in Shortcut:
https://github.com/PowerShell/PowerShell/pull/6043#discussion_r164277035

Apparently, trying to store environment variables there didn't work -
either they were evaluated, or the quoting resulted in invalid variables in
the final install.  I was hoping there is some sort of special variable or
syntax the Windows Installer might recognize to allow unresolved variables
in the final shortcuts.

Thanks,
Cliff