[wix-users] Set property from custom action?

Nir Bar nir.bar at panel-sw.com
Tue Jan 5 05:10:57 PST 2021

Can you share the log file?

--

Nir Bar

WiX Expert

---- On Tue, 05 Jan 2021 15:03:01 +0200 Alon Dean <alondean at gmail.com> wrote ----

Hi,
So I still didn't figure this out...
I did what I described, created an immediate CA which sets the value of a property I defined, to the console session's local app data path.But at the log (running the msi with L*V), it seems this custom action is executed only at the second sequence, and the installer still 'thinks' the property's value is the default one I configured at the WXS file, and the value I set using the CA doesn't affect anything.

I was then advised to create a CA which modifies the DB by inserting temporary records to the DB, but from what I understand, this is useful mainly to create features, while what I need is to modify the value of a property in order to change the install dir path while running.

I can supply a more elaborated explanation with code samples if needed,

Anyone got a suggestion for me?
I'm really stuck here..
Thanks!