[wix-users] Bundle update

Niklas Ryden aptus.niklas at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 00:05:29 PST 2021

Hi
I am relatively new to installers and need help.

I am try to make a installer that can install and manage different msi
packages using the BootstrapperApplication.  I have tried to find any
solution on Google, books, FireGiant and forums ( search in the mailing
list Archive I get "Documents 1 - 10 of 201 matches. More  's indicate a
better match. " but there are no results showing. ). Where do I find more
information, advance tutorials or books that may cover this.  Now I feel
that I have come to the world's end with this, but I can't be the first to
do this.
The installer  is a wpf CustomBA project that contains two msi packages. I
have manage to install, repair and uninstall the packages separately but
not update.
The problem for me is that  if only one package is needed to be updated the
other packages is marked absent even if it is installed. The problem with
this is that I don't know if the packages is installed or not. Is there
some way to do it, what am I missing?

 I have this in every Product.wxs. The versions and id differences other
than that there are same.

   <MajorUpgrade Schedule="afterInstallExecute"
AllowSameVersionUpgrades="yes" AllowDowngrades="no"
DowngradeErrorMessage="A newer version of [ProductName] is already
installed." />

    <!-- Id= product UpgradeCode -->
     <Upgrade Id="c02ba94d-c03e-4509-bc8c-5f342c2b92fd">
      <UpgradeVersion
           Property="OLD_VERSION_FOUND"
           Minimum="20.0.0"
           Maximum="20.1.1"