[wix-users] Bundle Patching Questions

Nick Elmer NElmer at veriato.com
Tue Feb 23 14:16:59 PST 2021

Sean,
It was installed by my first patch bundle. So, something like this...

RTM Test 1.0.0 - Installed only the ManagementConsole.msi, not ServerSetup.msi since its smaller and faster to test.
Rebuild and create patch bundle 1.0.0.1 - Installed ManagementConsole.msp. ServerSetupPatch.msp is installed since not present.
Rebuild and create patch bundle 1.0.0.2 - Install log says ManagementConsole has an invalid payload, cache state is partial.

I'm doing the second bundle because in my past experience, the first patch works, it's the second and later patches when you find out your mistakes and regret them! :)

Much appreciate your input on getting this right!
Nick