[wix-users] Slipstream bundle reports MSI state as Superseded.

Nick Elmer NElmer at veriato.com
Thu Feb 4 13:40:28 PST 2021

Hi Rob,
I am testing my patch builds with the expectation that BuildMinor will change in an MSP, but the ProductMajor, ProductMinor and BuildMajor should not.

If I view my RTM MSI in Orca and apply the patch, I can see in the property table that the version did change from 4.3.0.400 -> 4.3.0.420.

I would expect this property to change in the MSP since its based on a newer MSI build with bug fixes, updated build number, etc. I am using MSIMSP to difference my RTM/Patch MSI's when creating the MSP file. Is there something I need to change to prevent the version from being modified in my patch MSI's?

Thanks for your insight as always!
Nick