[wix-users] Different icon for bootstrapper EXE vs. add/remove programs?

David Huang dave at alterity.com
Mon Feb 15 09:48:36 PST 2021

The docs for the Bundle element's IconSourceFile attribute says "Path to an icon that will replace the default icon in the final Bundle executable. This icon will also be displayed in Programs and Features (also known as Add/Remove Programs)." However, I'd like the EXE to have an installer-looking icon, but for the ARP icon to be my product's actual icon. Any recommended workarounds? I was thinking of setting IconSourceFile to my app's icon, then using rc and link to change the EXE's icon, but I don't know if that'll break something.